By clicking on the given links mentioned in this post, we may earn money from the mentioned companies. Thank you for your support in our small business!
Christmas is coming closer and closer and I thought I would start posting some Winter/Christmas decoration posts here and there. Today I will show you how I made the Winter Decoration DIY: Pine Cone Pot. I made these two for my mother and mother-in-law. They totally loved it and it looked so great next to the cold snow outside.
It’s kind of funny: every year at around July I get such Christmas feelings. Somehow at that time of the year I can’t wait for Christmas to come and I just have to whistle or sing some ‘Jingle Bells’. I must say, Christmas is my favorite time of the year, I hope that excuses that behavior 😉
Not that the presents are what I am looking forward to, but the whole Christmas spirit overall. People seem to be much nicer around that time as well. I love the gatherings with our family and spending time together. I love the smell of Christmas and decorating our house and especially our Christmas tree! The worst part about christmas is taking down all the decoration. Oh, I just wish christmas was all year round. Click To Tweet
What you need for the pine cone pot:
- I had bought two cute pots from varage sale. Some Planters like these ones would look great as well.The pots I bought matched just the style I was looking for, but the color wasn’t right! So I first painted them a white/grey color.I didn’t use any grey paint, just smushed the edges a bit and it made a grey color!
- Next, I took the pine cones and painted the ends white with the white paint. This took WAY longer than I thought. Therefore I recommend buying Pine Conesie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0054G63RO&linkCode=as2&tag=14150e5-20&linkId=5d64613680abe1880f97bf90b2083f3a”>Bag of Snow Tipped Natural Pine Cones for Decorating and Designing-1/2lb.</a><img src=”//ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=14150e5-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B0054G63RO” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />”>pine cones with already painted ends. I needed about 50 for the square pot and around 60 for the oval. After painting give them some time to dry!
- Now I took the foam craft ball and inserted it into a pot.
- Great, it fits! * Paint it all black before you start, so the empty spaces won’t show through!* I had totally forgot about it and had to paint the spaces that showed later on. If you paint it before gluing the pine cones on you will save lots of time.
- Next, tart hot gluing the pine cones on the ball one by one. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. Keep going….And your’re finished!Lastly, do the same thing with your other pot (if you have another one).What do you think? Good enough for some winter decoration? Leave a comment below 🙂Read something similar here.