By clicking on the given links mentioned in this post, we may earn money from the mentioned companies. Thank you for your support in our small business!
And it’s this time of the year again. Holiday spirit, snow falling, people getting their garden all ready for the cold winter season… it seems as if people get nicer during the Christmas season. They hold the door open for you at store entrances, greet you friendly and help out where ever they can. But why do us people only limit our kindness to Christmas season? Christmas should be all year long. After all, life is too short to just worry about yourself.
Today I have a DIY for you, that added such a love to our season last year. This year, I had decided to change the look of the calendar a bit, so my directions will be limited. There’s not much to explain anyways!
Do you have an advent calendar this year?
Which one do you like better?
Okay, let’s get started!
What you need:
- 24 Clothesline Pins
- A piece of wood, stained
- Number stickers
- White paint
- Jute twine
- White Paper
- Hot glue gun
Take your 24 clothespins and paint them white.
While the clothespins are drying, take your wood, measure and mark the distance that you want each clothespin to have.
Now, heat your hot glue gun and glue the clothespins on!
Take your number stickers and stick them on top of each clothespin.
I used a measuring tape to help me get my numbers in a straight line.
For the notes, I took regular plain paper and folded it twice. This gave me 4 even little notes. Those I rolled up and fastened with some jute twine. That’s it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do 🙂
My husband and I divided the notes even, so we each did 12 days. Here are some that I did for him…
I know what he likes, and I made sure to include that in my notes. He doesn’t get out snowboarding as much as he’d like to, so I made sure I included that. Just think about what your partner enjoys and what makes them tick.
Here are some examples:
- When I say that I love you more, I don’t mean that I love you more than you love me. What I mean is, I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, more than the worst fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance that keeps us apart, I love you more than any obstacle between us. I love you the most.
- When I tell you I love you, I am not saying it out of habit, I am reminding you that you are my life.
- If I know what love is, it is because of you. -Hermann Hesse
- Thank you, my love, for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.
- I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. -Ray Croft
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3
I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8
Some other ideas could be an activity with your hubby that makes you spent time together, like…
- Go ice skating together
- Have a movie marathon, or if time is tight, just watch a movie 🙂
- Volunteer for Christmas cheer
- Look at old, embarrassing photos together
- A whole ‘massage salon’ created by you for your hubby
- Plan an at home karaoke night
- Spent an evening at your local Christmas market
Be creative, I’m sure he’ll love all the attention he can get! Good luck!