This was one of my favorite gifts to make! It was so easy and so thoughtful at the same time. This present was for my sisters 20th birthday and she totally loved it!
I wrote some happiness quotes on each paper and rolled it up. That way she can take one out whenever she feels like it.
What you need:
- A Tin Shaped Box (I got mine from the dollar store)
- Box Cover Paper (I got mine from the dollar store as well)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pretty Scrapbooking Paper
- Jute Twine
- Happiness Quotes
I took the ‘box cover’ or whatever you want to call it and wrote ‘Happiness Box’ with a white Sharpie.
Then I took the hot glue gun and glued the burlap on the box.Now take your pretty Scrapbooking or Construction Paper and cut in in different sized papers. First of all write quotes of whatever you want on there. I used happy quotes. You can find a couple suggestions down below.
Examples of Quotes:
- To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.
- It isn’t what you have or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy, it is what you think about
- Create a Life you don’t need a vacation from.
- Life only comes around once, so do whatever makes you happy & be with whoever makes you smile.
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy is all that matters.
- Today I will be happier than a bird with a french frie.
- Happiness is a choice, you can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.
- It doesn’t matter who hurt you or broke you down, what matters is who makes you smile again.
- Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself; in your way of thinking.
- Train yourself to find the blessing in everything.
- Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy.
- Happy can make you money, but money can’t make you happy.
- Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life.
- People don’t notice whether its winter or summer when they’re happy.
- Just find yourself happy with the simpler things, appreciating the blessings God gave you.
- Being happy never goes out of style.
Now roll them all up and use some jute twine to fasten them up. You could also use some lace instead of jute twine. Finally stick them all in the box and the happy reading can begin 🙂Isn’t it adorable?What happiness quotes did you find?